Virginia Democratic Small Business Caucus
HELP FOR SMALL BUSINESS:
· Allocate $15 billion in flexible grants to help the smallest, most severely impacted businesses persevere through the pandemic.
· Provide $28 billion for a new grant program to support hard-hit small and independent restaurants and other food and drink establishments.
· Bolster the Paycheck Protection Program with an additional $7.25 billion in funding to support small businesses and non-profits that were previously excluded.
· Provide $1.25 billion in funding to support live venue operators, theatrical producers, live performing arts organization operators, museum operators, motion picture theater operators, and talent representatives that are struggling to make ends meet.
· Invest $10 billion in successful state, local, and tribal small business financing programs to help small businesses innovate, create and maintain jobs, and provide the essential goods and services that communities depend on.
· Help small businesses rehire and retain workers by extending the employee retention credit through the end of 2021.
· Provide $34.2 billion for the Affordable Care Act premium support, $15.2 billion in Medicaid incentives, and $7.8 billion for COBRA assistance to help entrepreneurs and small business employees, among others, get access to affordable health care in every part of the country.
· $270 million into arts and cultural organizations – split evenly among the National Endowment for the Arts and National Endowment for the Humanities – many small arts and cultural organizations depend on these funds to operate and serve their communities
HELP FOR RURAL SMALL BUSINESS:
· Help small farmers with $10.4 billion for agricultural and food supply sectors, $5 billion of which will go to socially disadvantaged farmers of color. These include Black, Hispanic, Native American or Asian American farmers.
· $4 billion to support the food supply chain through the purchase and distribution of food, purchase of PPE equipment for farmers and front-line workers in the food industry and financial support for farmers, food processing companies and farmers markets.
· $500 million for rural health care and tele-medicine.
Read more about how the ARP will help small business owners:
MISSION AND GOAL
1 - Establish a VADSBC presence in all 11 Virginia Congressional Districts.
2 - Establish an effective VADSBC Internet & Media presence.
3 - Execute VADSBC organizing goals by:
3(a) Creating a Directory of DEM Small Business.
3(b) Electing more Democrats with DEM Small Business input.
4 - Help DEM Small Business owners to grow and residents to prosper.